Every PG&E user gets
a free online account. Creating this account takes only a few
minutes. To create your free PG&E online account you will
need two things:
- An email account and
- A recent PG&E bill with your account number and phone
To activate your PG&E online account you need to perform the
- Use your browser to go to www.pge.com.
- Select "New user? Register here." at the bottom of the
- Fill in your account information on the My
Account: Sign Up -- Account Information page.
- Usually you will need only the account number from your
PG&E bill and your phone number to activate the account.
Occasionally, PG&E will have an old phone number on file
and you will need to use your meter number to activate the
account. The meter number can also be found on your PG&E
- After successfully entering your PG&E information,
you will be automatically logged into your PG&E online
account. You can look at current and past energy use data.
- IMPORTANT! REMEMBER YOUR PG&E ONLINE ACCOUNT NAME
AND PASSWORD. You will use the same user name and
password to access your home energy profile.
We do not give your email address nor any
other personal information to anyone. We will use it only to
contact you with information about your Home Energy Profile, and
you can opt out at anytime.
You cannot participate in an HEA web-based
energy audit without an email account. There are many free ways
to receive an email account including through Google, Yahoo and
MSN, among many others. If you do not have a computer or
internet connection you can access both at any public library,
and sign up for a free email address there.